There is something that happens when you become a mother. I have never before felt the desire to show someone else the world. I want to make sure she will have the best of opportunities, the chance to experience different cultures, lives and interests.
I also have a need to protect her from all the bad and evil in the world, and to know that she is ok and happy. At age three, I can cuddle her and feel that I am protecting her as much I can. I sometimes fear when the time comes that she’ll not need me anymore, I suppose I have a good few years before I really have to think about that. This is a list of things I want to teach her about life.
1. Your perfect just as you are, don’t ever let anyone tell you different.
2. Always tell the truth
3. Don’t be afraid to be in the minority
4. Education is your passport to your future
5. Know that you are loved
6. Being a mother is probably the most rewarding thing in life
7. Don’t be afraid to ask for help
8. Life is difficult
9. Believe in yourself
10. Never compare yourself to other people
11. Love at first sight really happens but its rare
12. Know how to admit when you are wrong
13. There will always be mean girls
14. Your daddy has loved you longer and better than any boy will
15. Music makes everything better
16. Movies lie about love, it’s not all passionate embraces. It’s doing the dishes and laying in bed, together after a long day with the person you love
17. Take time for yourself
18. Travel and see the world
19. Don’t get tattoos, I did and I deeply regret it, it’s the silliest thing I have ever done.
20. I will be your best friend but your mother more.
21. Laugh at yourself
22. Learn at least one other language
23. There will be times that you will hate me, but just remember I am your mother and I am doing what I think is best.
24. Read something every day, staying up late to read a book is never time wasted
25. Wherever you are in life, come home I will always be here.
26. People in magazines are photoshoped, confidence is more attractive than being a size 0
27. Everyone makes mistakes, even us.
28. Be patient, there’s no need to rush things
29. Saying sorry first is a sign of strength, not weakness.
30. A good cry is great therapy
Thirty Mummy x